Dessert first, I say! So a chocolatey toast to a new blog.
I’ve been looking for some sort of creative outlet to share my work with people. I’m a cook, a photographer, and I like to think I know how to dress myself at least semi-decently. This gives me a place to put all of that.
So first, a post dedicated to dessert. I’m not a huge fan of sweets- it takes a craving to get me to eat something sweet and even then in moderation. But this particular dessert, I couldn’t say no to! I got the inspiration from this post by The Beauty Department. With a few tweaks to fit my kitchen- which is mostly vegan- this pudding has the potential to become dinner-party worthy.
This pudding was so smooth and do delicious. You’d never know it was made with avocado! It adds a wonderfully creamy element to what is a wonderfully healthy and tempting dessert. This could also be garnished with some degree of whipped topping though I think the bananas do their job just fine.
Avocado Chocolate Pudding (serves 2)
- 1.5 peeled, ripe avocados
- 2/3 c almond milk (I used unflavored though vanilla would work magnificently here as well)
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c maple syrup
- dash of cinnamon
- 1 thinly sliced banana
- Mason jars
- break the avocado into chunks, drop into blender.
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, syrup, and cinnamon to the blender
- Blend until smooth
- Layer in Mason jars with banana slices making sure the top layer is bananas
- Garnish with another dash of cinnamon
- Pop into the fridge to chill or serve immediately!