Fall is fast approaching its end and I’m starting to plan for colder weather and everything that goes with it. That includes changes in what make-up I’m using, different nail colors, different skincare, and an excuse to find new accessories.
1) Bag– I have this problem wherein I never actually go shopping for purses. I have one cross-body bag that was a birthday gift ages ago and doesn’t hold much and then I have this old Harry Potter print tote bag that I’ve been carrying around for years. I’ve been slowly developing a crush on this bag from Target, though. It’s reasonably priced (part of the reason I haven’t gone purse shopping in literally years) and it actually seems to hold a fair amount of stuff. With my theatre work, I need something that can hold a 1-2 inch binder without being too much of an inconvenience. This one looks like it might do the trick!
2) Watch– The big chunky watches that everyone seems to be wearing are growing on me. Add to that a quickly growing love of this rosey gold color and this watch seems right up my alley. Alas, I have incredibly tiny wrists. Most watches and other wrist wear doesn’t fit me and I often find I’m relegated to children’s sizes as even the smallest adult size is usually falling off my wrist or won’t stay in place. Maybe with a little luck and a lot of hunting, I can find something similar to fit me.
3) Urban Decay Naked Eyeshadow Palette– I’m a bit newer to the make-up game. My cousin introduced me to the Naked line of palettes and this one seems absolutely perfect! Its cost is a wee bit out of my price range right now but maybe the holidays will bring the ability to invest in this.
4) Lush Ocean Salt Cleanser Scrub– I’m a sucker for scrubs, particularly in winter. I’ve mentioned several times I have really dry skin? That means a diligent scrubbing regime once the temperature drops outside. I’ve heard nothing but good things about this scrub and I love Lush. While I usually make my own scrubs at home, this one seems like one I will be trying in the near future.
5) Necklace– I love the chunky gold chain necklaces that have been making appearances everywhere. I haven’t wanted to commit to one just yet but winter- when bolder looks can be experimented with- seems like as good a time as any. With the ongoing relationship I have with Nordstrom Rack, this one seems as good as any!
6) Essie nail colors 1 & 2– I love deep nail colors for the colder weather. They match all the darker hues everyone is wearing. And with the love I have found for essie, these two colors are just perfect!
7) Lipstick- As with nail color, I like playing with darker makeup as things get colder. I’ve always been a little afraid to commit to a deep shade of lipstick. Perhaps this is the season it will happen.