Let me tell you about this glass of delicious. This was entirely made from ingredients I happened to find in my kitchen this morning so it was entirely improvised. But here it goes!
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 clementines, peeled and separated
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil/milk (story to follow)
- Put the ingredients into a blender
- Leave it to sit for 10 or so minutes to let the lime juice start thawing the strawberries. This will make the process a little easier on your blender.
- Pulverize ingredients.
- Pure into a glass and enjoy!
So the coconut milk/oil. We made satay a few nights ago. The sauce requires coconut milk but not a whole can. We put the extra in a small mason jar, closed it up, and tossed it in the fridge. When I went to put it into my smoothie this morning, it had solidified! I’ve never had this happen before. I’m not sure what exactly happened but the change in consistency added a nice creamy element to the smoothie without making it too runny.
What are some of your favorite smoothie recipes? Share them in the comments!