Tacos are the actual easiest and most delicious food ever.
If you do them right.
None of that cheese and tomato and lettuce stuff.
These tacos, not counting marinade time, took approximately 10 minutes to put together. They’re vegan, they’re healthy, they’re fresh, and they’re delicious.
I really don’t know what else to say about them. Tacos are one of my favorite week night meals because of how insanely easy they are to make. This recipe works for two at home looking for a quick bite or can be doubled into some real easy entertaining.
- 1 small can chipotle sauce
- 1 can black beans NOT drained or rinsed
- 1/2 block firm or extra firm tofu, pressed and cubed
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 1 small handful cilantro
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- 4 soft tortillas (2 tacos per person)
- 1 avocado, sliced (optional but delicious)
- 1 6 pack of your favorite summer beer
- Combine 3 tablespoons of the chipotle sauce in a container with the spices, mix.
- Add tofu to the marinade, cover, and put into the fridge for anywhere from 30 minutes-2 hours.
- Mince onion and cilantro, mix together. Add the juice of half a lime.
- Pop open your black beans, dump into a pot with 1 tablespoon chipotle sauce and the juice of half a lime. Cook these on low until hot, 15-20 minutes.
- While the beans are cooking, heat an oiled fry pan over medium heat. When hot, add marinated tofu.
- Cook tofu for 5-7 minutes, stirring.
- This is the fun part! But only really works with a gas oven. Turn a front burner on low (like, 2) and toss the tortillas onto the grate. Periodically flip until you have some color and the tortilla is warm. Hands down the best way to heat tortillas.
- Add tofu, onions, and cilantro to the tortillas.
- Serve alongside black beans topped with more onions and cilantro and the slices of avocado.
Pair with your favorite beer and enjoy!
Big Wave by Kona Brewing Co. is my sumer favorite!