If you’ve been around here for a few months, you know my love affair with the UK. Anglophile might not even begin to cover it, though it does a good job of beginning to tell that story.
Periodically, I take that love and turn it into something my friends can enjoy rather than listen to me whine about. In this case, that came in for form of a British Dinner Party, an evening themed and decorated with UK-themed pieces as well as bits and bobs form my travels. The food and drink were all traditionally British or delicious and designed by a Brit.
- Pimm’s Cup
- If You’ve never had this summery British drink, get yourself a bottle and make it while you still have time! It’s insanely refreshing and easily the epitome of summer for me.
- Newcastle Brown Ale
- Fuller’s ESB
- Fuller’s London Porter
- Vegan sausage rolls (no recipe- wrap vegan sausage in your favorite pastry, bake.)
- Vegan Shepherd’s Pie, not pictured because we ate it all. Oops.
- This was a little bit heavy for the middle of summer but still delicious. The lentils in the pie made it super rich and left me, at least, feeling full for an extremely long time. I may revisit this one for our Thanksgiving dinner table.
- Blackberry Apple Toffee Crumble.
Overall, this was such a fun night. All of the food went over super well, everyone enjoyed the Pimm’s Cup as well as a myriad of other English beers, and we all just had a good time.
It’s not a trip to England by any stretch of the imagination. But it was wonderful enough to satiate my pining for a little while. Once the weather really starts to turn, I’m sure there will be many more adventures in satiating the wanderlust.