New York Fashion Week begins tomorrow! This also marks the beginning of Fashion Month, consecutive weeks in fashion meccas around the world: New York, London, Milan, and Paris. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am JAZZED. The excitement of everyone prepping to go and the buzz generated each week is infectious, even cross country and internationally. I may not be attending but I’m going to celebrating all month long here in Chicago. This list is just a few ways you can make it feel like you’re at Fashion Week without having to hop on board a plane.
- Plan Fashion Week worthy outfits: Looking at photos of the street style from these weeks is one of my favorite parts! Why not bring some of that awesome street style to your own street? Plan outfits inspired by fashion week. Even take photos of them!
- Read runway reports: Olivia Palermo posts amazing runway reports throughout the whole of Fashion Month! Get an idea of what is going on in the world of fashion without having to hop a plane.
- Follow attended on Snapchat: Snapchat has become such an amazing media for bloggers. Find your favorite bloggers who are attending and follow them on Snapchat! I know I’m looking forward to curling up with @DamselinDior every evening to see what’s going on.
- Find Fashion Shows near you: I’m a huge fan of finding fashion events on Eventbrite. You can find things for nearly any price point and have a good time, get dolled up, and enjoy a day of being glam, even if you can’t be in New York, London, Milan, and Paris.
- Instagram: hashtags are your best friend! See what fashion week hashtags make their appearance (#nyfw, #lfw, #pfw, #mfw, among others) and stalk them. This is almost as up to date as Snapchat and will give you great ideas for planning those Fashion Week worthy outfits!
- Other bloggers: The posts from Fashion Week might not go up as quickly as anything else but I absolutely LOVE reading blog posts about these events. It’s not anywhere near as exciting as being there, but living vicariously through other bloggers is a great way to see street style snapshots, read about the hustle and bustle, and feel like you were there. Some of my favorites include the street style roundups on because i’m addicted, Rosie the Londoner’s amazing stories, and more.
What are your favorite ways to celebrate fashion week?