It’s no secret by this point that off-the-shoulder tops are super in for spring. I would even go so far as to predict that they’re going to carry over into summer very nicely. This particular top is such a style steal. Gorgeous, flowy, a stunning color, and everything else you could want in the perfect off-the-shoulder look for this season.
I’ve linked this as well as several similar tops (also style steals) below the photos.
What are your favorite spring trends? Share in the comments!
Top | Forever 21 (similar here and here)
Shoes | Target
Bag | Yesstyle.com
Ring | t+j designs
Watch | AIBI Watch
Photos by Levine-Moore Photography
Despite my intense love for everything that is heels, there’s something amazing about slipping on some sneakers and going out for a day of… well, whatever really. These are such a great pick for spring with their bright minty green and they’re so comfy! I may tend to choose heels over sneakers but when my choice is these, I’m still walking happy.
Sneakers | Target
Purse | Target
Jacket | Vintage
T-Shirt | Ragstock
Jeans | Zara (similar)
This is the story of the perfect bag found on a scrappy budget.
The setting is Target, March 2016. A young fashionista looking for a bag for spring without high hopes. She wandered through all the racks, thinking she had seen everything. A second hopeless pass and her attention was piqued. Golden chain, golden clasp, and a stunning brown. Could this be it? Could this finally be the bag.
Small enough to be unobtrusive. Large enough to fit all the essentials.
Yes, yes. This was the bag.
But for real, guys. This is the best bag. It looks just enough like a Chloe bag that it has fueled the “Mama wants a designer bag” vibes while actively preventing a splurge we just cannot afford right now. I’m in bag love.
Bag | dv Chain Strap Crossbody Bag, Target
Dress | Camden Market, London 2013
Springtime means it’s time to break out the sandals and it’s finally acceptable to eat ice cream outside again without shivering your butt off! So that’s exactly what we did, venturing to George’s Ice Cream and Sweets in Andersonville! They have so many amazing flavors, including a few vegan friendly ones on rotation. Hands down, my favorite ice cream parlor in Chicago!
These sandals were perfect for our springy adventure as they’re an amazing color and offer some killer fringe detail. The best part? They’re from Target so they won’t break your budget! Details down below.
Sandals | Target
Necklace | Target
Jeans | Forever 21
Blazer | Forever 21 (very old)
T-Shirt | Forever 21
Photos by Fashion Photographer Sarah Levine
I’ve been all about carrying a giant bag lately. Despite sizing down to something small for fall and winter, I missed being able to carry more stuff with me. The last few months, I’ve been carrying books to and from work in a reusable grocery bag. Less than glam, I know. But now that it’s beach bag season again, I found this great tote to carry my ever growing to-be-read pile.
On a different note, if you’re looking for something fun to do this week around Chicago, you should check out the Refuge Theatre Project’s Audition Diaries Cabaret! Showing March 17th at 8pm at @North Bar, 1637 W North Ave. The theme for this performance is “Shit Divas Sing” and they have an amazing lineup to carry you all the way through summer. Get the full scoop, including ticket prices, location, and the rest of the increasingly hilarious themes by checking out the event here. It’s sure to be a riotously good time!
Bag | Target
Boots | Hunter
Sweater | Primark (old)
Necklace | Ragstock
I love finding hidden gems and local art, especially when it’s right around places I frequent all the time. This amazing wall is right in Andersonville across from one of my favorite coffee shops! I hadn’t noticed it at all until another blogger included this wall in a list of great walls to photo in front of. So of course I had to go take photos right away!
This cardigan is an absolute favorite of mine as of late. It’s super soft, nice and warm, and is neutral with a nice unexpected element in the horizontal stripes around the bottom so it’s great for work.
In other news, I have a super awesome deal for you guys! I’ve partnered with the Refuge Theatre Project this year. That means you guys get discounts to their shows. The Refuge Theatre Project strives to utilize the appeal of musical theatre to foster a broader and more accessible theatre community. They take everything that is awesome about musical theatre and make it smaller, more local, and more engaging.
What do I have for you guys? $5 off tickets to their next production, High Fidelity! The show runs Friday, Saturday, and Sundays from January 29th through February 28th. This link will take you right to the ticket page and put in the discount code for you. But just in case, it’s “ChiBlog.”
“Rob’s girlfriend has left him, and although the split does not make his list of top-five breakups, he is determined to find out what he did to sour the relationship.”
With it’s BYOB policy and the Wicker Park vibe, Refuge Theatre Project’s season opener is not to be missed!
Cardigan | LOFT (similar here and here)
Blouse | LOFT (similar)
Bag | Target (similar)
Booties | Payless (similar)
Earrings | t+j designs (similar)
Necklace | Accessory Mercado
Photos by Fashion Photographer Sarah Levine
Stile.Foto.Cibo presents a set of holiday gift guides in collaboration with Fashion Photography by Sarah Levine. Four installments: For Her (part 1), For Her (part 2), For Home, and For Fur. Everything in the guide is under $50 and guaranteed to get great smiles.
For Her, Part 2
Okay, you’ve seen all the beauty, fashion, cookware, and bath bomb-laden gift guides this winter. Now get ready for a gift guide for the lady in your life who likes her clothes comfy, her food spicy, her shoes practical, and her coffee strong.
- Minnetonka Women’s Cally Slipper Flat,Red,7 M US – Everyone needs a fuzzy slipper, and not all of us want them to be pink and fluffy. This fuzzy lined suede moccasin is perfect for the lady in your life who wants her slippers practical and comfy.
- The Chili Lab The Homemade Hot Sauce Kit – With the hot sauce craze in full swing, now your lady can make her own! This nifty kit has 4 bottles, a strainer, funnel, and comes with 2 blends of chili to start out with. Of course you can choose your own too!
- Nobody Knows I’m A Lesbian Shirt – What’s a good gift without a little sass? This sarcastic shirt is a fun way to show her pride without being all rainbows and unicorns.
- Her One, Her Only – These little dog tags are an adorable take on the couples jewelry trend without being so girly your lady will be embarrassed to wear it. Plus it’s personalized with your anniversary date!
- Women’s Cashmere/Wool Blend Cuffed Beanie – If you live anywhere north of the Mason-Dixon Line, you need a good hat. And while your lady probably already has a beanie or two, this one is a cashmere blend to keep her head warm and cute all winter.
- Houdini Vertical Corkscrew with Foil Cutter and Extra Spiral – Let’s be real, ladies, sometimes wine is just a pain to open, but this little guy is super easy to use (thanks, physics!) so you can open that wine and relax.
- Bad Feminist: Essays – This book is a must have for any modern woman. It’s a set of essays chronicling one woman’s journey through the world, highlighting her experiences with culture, politics, and of course, feminism.
- Swiss Army Rambler – Handy and versatile, this swiss army knife has enough tools to be able to do most anything without being enormous on her keychain.
- The Art of Fixing Things, Principles of Machines, and How to Repair Them: 150 Tips and Tricks to Make Things Last Longer, and save You Money – The perfect book for the DIYer or aspiring engineer in your life. This book gives tips and tricks for fixing and maintaining all your household gadgets for the girl who likes to get her hands dirty.
- AmazonBasics Portable Bluetooth Speaker – Blue – Bluetooth speakers have been around for a while, but this AmazonBasics version is a steal and a perfect gift for the musical lady in your life.
- Thermos Stainless Steel King 16 Ounce Compact Bottle, Midnight Blue – A solid, reliable thermos is the perfect gift for the coffee addicted, the soup obsessed, and the tea aficionado. It’s vacuum insulated stainless steel so hot stuff stays warm for your hot stuff.
Next up tomorrow is another Mexico post. Check back in a few days for the next (and last!) two gift guides!
Fall is such an awesome transitional period.
Beyond having literally the best fashion of the entire year AND the best fashion month, the weather is turning, we get this gorgeous show of colors, and we start getting cozy for the winter ahead. While I despise winter with a firey passion, I love fall (like every other Basic out there. Whoops). I love scarves and hot apple cider, crunchy leaves, chunky sweaters, and so much more. Heck, last year, I even wrote a list of all the things I love about fall.
This look spans the gap between summer and fall nicely with a cozy scarf and these amazing loafers while still hanging onto summer in the white of the slacks. Details at the bottom of this post. Enjoy!
Chambray | GAP (on sale!)
Slacks | Target (old)
Bag | Target (old)
Loafers | GAP (similar)
Blanket Scarf | Brina Box (on sale!)
Photography by my lovely lady, who is now offering her services to other bloggers! Check out her facebook page and learn how you can get a free shoot!
Fashion Photographer Sarah Levine.
“If truth is beauty, how come no one has their hair done in the library?” -Lily Tomlin
Getting my lazy bum out of bed and to work on a Sunday can be a trial. But with the help of a cute outfit (and some coffee), being a Sunday Librarian is a much easier feat to tackle.
This is totally another great way to use the separate pieces from the two piece set I wore to the Be Buddha Jewelry Launch Party. The skirt is just perfect for work, particularly given its length. As much as I love shorter skirts, they are just not suited for library work.
Top | Forever 21 (old)
Skirt | Forever 21
Necklace | ALDO
Pumps | ALDO
Bag | Target
I love a good found object, especially when it lends itself to a good outfit shoot.
I’d been planning some sort of sleek all-black “feel like a bad-ass” outfit for a while now. And then this sofa ended up in the alley behind our building. Hello, photo shoot.
So Sarah and I got all ready to go, ventured downstairs, and had a little fun. There was lots of “ooh, try this!” “now what about that?” “Car coming, don’t move a muscle.” It was a ton of fun and gave us a chance to really work with different poses and camera angles and the lot.
Hat | DSW (old)
Blazer | Target (old)
Heels | Sam & Libby, Target (no longer available)
Top | Charlotte Russe (actually a dress!)
Arm Party | ALEX & ANI
Earrings | Be Buddha Jewelry
Rings | Forever 21